Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grateful

Praise God that my team and I arrived safely to El Vigia, Merida, our summer serving location. Wow, its been a fast pace week, I tend to not have reason for time and date, we have been kept busy since we arrived, we have a well organized schedule which I am truly thankful for, we have our two months set with daily activities in which we will be serving in different cities in Merida. We arrived and everyone is so loving and have accepted us with open arms, they have been great hosts, they are very nice and have made us feel at home. 
During these five days that we have been here I have had an opportunity to share my testimony and word of God through a Christian Radio Station name Luz y Vida 101.9FM here in El Vigia, served in the church with children´s, worship and youth ministry, done outreach in Caño Seco and here in El Vigia, given a bible study to youth and adults, helped at a new upcoming Christian Bookstore and visited Merida! Tomorrow we are getting ready to visit an elementry school to be able to share the word of God and talk about moral values with students. It´s already a busy start and more to go! I pray that God continues to give me motivation and strength to fulfill his purpose, I am grateful.

Our daily routine begins in the morning and ends at about 10pm, we eat a lot here, we are constantly being fed, I have eaten yuka, pollo a la braza, cambur (which is delicious!), paella, pechuga rellena a la merida, pavellon (traditional food) and bread (we eat bread with the majority of the meals) all the food has been great! I thank God that my body has been receptive to all the food.

As the days passed by I have created a word bank of Venezuelan words that I have learned and have begun to use! For example, chamo, chevere, poquitico, muy fino. I really want to be part of the culture! lol.   

I thank you for your prayer and support, I encourage you to continue to pray for my team as we serve. 

Shine in Venezuela,

No comments:

Post a Comment